- Lt. Joe PangaroLieutenant
Joseph Pangaro is a retired 27-year veteran police officer, retiring at the rank of Lieutenant in 2013. Lt. Pangaro was the lead training instructor of his police agency and certified as an instructor by the NJ Police Training Commission. Lt Pangaro was trained in school Security Assessments by the Dept. of Homeland Security. Lt. Pangaro is also a trained and certified Crime prevention officer who continues to train police officers at police academies throughout the Northeast. Lt. Pangaro has built the curriculum for school security training programs including “Plan and Prepare” and “Planning the Active Shooter Drill”. These programs are based on his experience as a police training officer and delivered to hundreds of police officers and schools in the region. He has also created multiple training programs, both classroom and hands on based, designed for the school, law enforcement and business communities on topics of safety and security, proper investigations, anti-drug awareness, cyber bullying, interview skills and violence response.
Planning the Active Shooter Drill
Have you integrated all the newest guidelines ensuring your officers, agency, and community are ready to effectively deal with an active shooter incident?
This program works with students to prepare their officers for an Active Shooter Incident. During the course, the instructors will review the NEWEST Tactical Response Protocols and Guidelines and teach how to implement these lessons to your officers. The course teaches how to run a drill from planning meetings including stakeholders to running the drill and how to include and prepare the community.
The jam-packed day will also include:
• Complying with Federal and State Standards for Active Shooter Drills
• Evaluating your policies and updating them as necessary
• Documenting the drill lesson plans and student attendance
• Evaluating your drills and making improvements
• Coordinating with schools and different agencies
• Choosing drill location and scenarios
• Implementing various levels of drills including coordinating with other emergency agencies
• Active shooter drills & special needs community- how to prepare, what to expect, and how to respond
• Newest equipment and software to better respond to an active shooter event
• Review of emergency notifications systems including how to use radio systems from neighboring towns
A segment will focus on school security to include evaluating school security, working with school administration to address their concerns, and developing plans for security updates. Every student will receive an Active Shooter Drill PowerPoint to use at their agencies.
SPECIAL PRICING – $125 FOR THE 1ST STUDENT, $200 FOR 2 STUDENTS. IF PAYING BY CREDIT CARD, ASK FOR SPECIAL COUPON CODE BEFORE REGISTERING. ALL P.O. REGISTRATIONS WILL BE GIVEN THE SPECIAL PRICE.
Paying via Credit Card: CONTINUE BELOW (Discounts are available for training subscribers, HIDTA members, or officers funding their own training. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for discount codes and for more information.)