Conducting Effective Pedestrian Stops
This comprehensive one day course is designed to provide police officers with the knowledge and skills necessary to conduct effective pedestrian stops while ensuring the protection of citizen’s rights and safety. Students will participate in role playing exercises to practice skills taught.
- Participants will gain a deep understanding of the following subject areas:
- The legal framework surrounding pedestrian stops
- The different types of police – citizen encounters
- A review of court decisions affecting pedestrian stops.
- Arrest, Search and Seizure as it relates to pedestrian stops
In addition, practical considerations and strategies will be explored to enhance officers’ abilities and safety during these encounters. This course is designed for new and veteran patrol officers that want to understand and improve on their skills in conducting pedestrian stops.
Paying via Credit Card: CONTINUE BELOW (Discounts are available for training subscribers, HIDTA members, or officers funding their own training. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for discount codes and for more information.)